Friday, October 20, 2006

Confessions

I don't know how to begin- it's one thing to insist that knitting is cool and not geeky (though geeks can also be cool) but there are some things which even I cannot defend.

Don't laugh now but I have a phobia of knitting needles. Of pointy things in relation to eyeballs in general but knitting needles in particular. Ever since the 999 episode freaked out my poor child's brain with the story a young girl, maybe 12, who was jolted by her bouncing brother a.t an unfortunate stage of the knitting process. The result was gouging. I can put it no plainer. Horror stories of DIY abortions don't help much either.. But I'm facing my fears manfully and if a fleeting vision of needles-in-eyes occur I resolutely banish it and carry on purling with barely a shudder..

4 comments:

Atia said...

can u believe this? There is a new wool shop in Stockport! See http://www.knitwool.co.uk/home.asp it looks amazing and they have good sounding classes too :)

Mariamazmi said...

urgh, those stories...999 was evil! Remember the story of the kid that fell and got impailed on a pointy school fence, or the guy that got a javalin through his neck. Bleurgh!!

Mrs C - the knitting shop was amazing!!

warm as toast said...

yikes i remember that javelin one all too vividly. i never gave you that glove pattern- think you can figure it out?

Mariamazmi said...

Na, i don't think so, us cows are pretty slow really.

Please can I have it :D?

Ta x